WHAT: Networking@Rev: Clean energy networking event
WHEN: Thursday, February 2 from 6-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Rev: Ithaca Startup Works, 314 E. State Street (Second Floor), Ithaca, NY 14850
MEDIA: The event is free and open to the public. Local media is invited to attend and interview clean tech startups, including NSYERDA 76West Clean Energy Competition winners.
ITHACA, N.Y. – Clean Energy is a growing area of importance in the Southern Tier and in New York state, as Governor Cuomo puts forth more support for clean tech companies. The upcoming Networking@Rev event will feature local clean tech startups, including NSYERDA 76West Clean Energy Competition winners.
The following regional clean tech experts and startups, including 76West winners will present on the clean energy ecosystem of the region:
- Micatu – Top prize, $1 million winner. Develops optical sensor technologies with next-generation measurement capabilities for smart grid, wind, power, transmission, and condition monitoring applications.
- Charge CCCV (C4V) – 2nd place, $500,000 winner. Produces lithium ion batteries employing a technology that eliminates a common internal corrosion issue, resulting in batteries that have long lifetimes and greater inherent safety.
- ChromaNanoTech – $250,000 winner. Produces optical nanomaterials that make windows transparent in the visible light range, while absorbing invisible infrared and ultraviolet radiation, thus reducing air conditioning loads in buildings.
- DatArcs – $250,000 winner. Provides server software that dynamically tunes hundreds of system knobs to improve server performance while reducing the energy consumption of data centers.
- BessTech – $250,000 winner. Specializes in electrode design and engineering. The company manufactures silicon-based electrodes that make batteries more energetic, cheaper, faster charging, and more environmentally friendly.
- Global Thermostat – $250,000 winner. Makes a system that captures carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere and purifies it to serve the $60 billion market for carbon dioxide as an industrial gas.
Networking@Rev is a great way to get to know Ithaca’s startup community, meet startups looking to hire/collaborate, and form valuable connections with local businesses and potential investors.
About Rev: Ithaca Startup Works
Rev is a business incubator serving Ithaca and the Southern Tier that offers entrepreneurs a place to grow their business by providing access to expert advice and business development at an accelerated pace. Their purpose is to give new businesses a leg up, help them grow, and set permanent roots in the community. To learn more, visit www.revithaca.com or call them at (607) 882-2400.
Cornell University has television, ISDN and dedicated Skype/Google+ Hangout studios available for media interviews.