Cornell Media Relations is the university’s representative to local, regional, national and international media organizations. Part of University Relations, Media Relations works across the university to connect faculty experts and thought leaders with print, broadcast and digital media.
Our office is responsible for:
- Issuing press releases, tip sheets, and media advisories.
- Arranging and facilitating media coverage of Cornell.
- Promoting Cornell experts to the media.
- Assisting members of the Cornell community in their interactions with the media.
- Highlighting Cornell’s news coverage through the Cornell News Wrap.
- Facilitating media interviews through our division’s broadcast studio.
- Providing media training.
Learn more about the members of our team.
Check out our latest featured video: Just like television shaped the Nixon-Kennedy race, the social media platform shows that new media matters in politics. Communication professor Drew Margolin studies human dynamics through social media and has been tracking how people react to presidential candidates on Twitter since the beginning of the election cycle. In the video below, Margolin says this will be the campaign where we learn that Twitter matters.
To find more information about this story, click here.