Cornell Media Relations is the university’s representative to local, regional, national and international media organizations. Part of University Relations, Media Relations works across the university to connect faculty experts and thought leaders with print, broadcast and digital media.
Our office is responsible for:
- Issuing press releases, tip sheets, and media advisories.
- Arranging and facilitating media coverage of Cornell.
- Promoting Cornell experts to the media.
- Assisting members of the Cornell community in their interactions with the media.
- Highlighting Cornell’s news coverage through the Cornell News Wrap.
- Facilitating media interviews through our division’s broadcast studio.
- Providing media training.
Learn more about the members of our team.
Check out our latest featured video: Professor of performing and media arts Bruce Levitt talks about being the inaugural recipient of Cornell’s Engaged Scholar Prize. Administered by Engaged Cornell, the annual prize recognizes a faculty member who inspires others with innovative integration of teaching, learning and research involving public or community-based partnerships. Levitt has been the lead facilitator for the Phoenix Players Theatre Group (PPTG) at Auburn Correctional Facility, a program developed by inmates in 2009 with assistance from Stephen Cole, late professor emeritus of theatre arts.
To find more information about this story, click here.