Cornell Media Relations is the university’s representative to local, regional, national and international media organizations. Part of University Relations, Media Relations works across the university to connect faculty experts and thought leaders with print, broadcast and digital media.
Our office is responsible for:
- Issuing press releases, tip sheets, and media advisories.
- Arranging and facilitating media coverage of Cornell.
- Promoting Cornell experts to the media.
- Assisting members of the Cornell community in their interactions with the media.
- Highlighting Cornell’s news coverage through the Cornell News Wrap.
- Facilitating media interviews through our division’s broadcast studio.
- Providing media training.
Learn more about the members of our team.
Check out our latest featured video: Cislunar Explorers, a team of Cornell University graduate and undergraduate students guided by Mason Peck, a former senior official at NASA and associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering, is attempting to boldly go where no CubeSat team has gone before: around the moon. Not only is Peck’s group attempting to make a first-ever moon orbit with a satellite no bigger than a cereal box, made entirely with off-the-shelf materials, it’s doing so with propellant that you can obtain simply by turning on a faucet. Watch the video below to learn more.
To find more information about this story, click here.